|Video Game Beta Testing Rejections - Top Five Reasons It'll Happen To You|
Professional video game testing is not really that challenging. In truth, you can even go so far as to say that it's a simple job that does NOT require too much effort. All you need to do is put the game in, play through it, record the game's problems, then collect a paycheck after you are all done. Seriously, does that seem like a hard job to you?
Hurdles In The Way...
- You do not have gaming experience. This is the most common grounds for rejection there is. Game testing is for true-blue, lifelong gamers. Simply because you like to play "Halo", "Call of Duty 4" or "Starcraft 2" on the weekends, that does not make you game tester material -- sorry. If your life has revolved around games since before you can remember, well, then you're the sort of candidate the industry needs.
- You are not at least 18 years of age. A few companies have been known to hire (with restrictions) gamers who are 16 years old. However ,, this is typically a rare event in the arena of professional beta game testing.
- You do not have the right equipment. Should you plan on testing games at home (which is the goal of most testers), then you're going to need to have the right gaming gear; a HDTV, a xbox 360, a ps3, a nintendo Wii, and a high-end gaming PC. If you don't possess this gaming gear (you really should if you are a true gamer), then your only option is to work at a game testing facility -- and that is only if they'll accept you.
- You do not have "credentials". Submitting a sheet of paper that says "I wish to be a video game tester, call me" is not the way to do it. You need to have a professional looking resume which shows your gaming experience, your references (if you have any), and why you would make an awesome tester. Remember, no resume means you will always hear "NO WAY".
- You have poor grammar skills. Game testers fill out a good number of reports & forms which are used by game programmers to repair & improve game titles. If the reports are not well detailed and effortlessly understood, the programmers can't do their job. If a programmer is not able to do his job, it means the tester has failed to do his.
If the 5 things listed above are not an issue for you, then you're certainly a candidate for expert beta game testing. All that's left for you to do would be to start searching for video game testing positions in your area -- and if you know where to look, that won't take you more than a week or two!
Hard Facts About Video Beta Game Testers And Exactly What It Involves
Wish to know the facts about video game testers? Fed up with all the ads saying game testers actually make up to $150 per hour? Want to discover the truth? Then you're reading the right article, as you're about to have the cold hard facts about video games testers.
Play Games And Earn Cash - Not A Fairy Tale Job
Should you expect to plop down on your recliner, open up a can of soda pop, eat chicken wings, and get paid to play video games with your friends all day, you are delusional.
Trying To Find Beta Game Tester Job Openings?
Lets stop kidding around; you aren't going to be the 1st choice of a major game producer when you first begin hunting for video game testing jobs.
How To Get Beta Game Testing Jobs - 2 Basic Steps You Need To Follow
You are not going to grab any video games tester jobs if you simply sit about and wait for a "Beta Testers Wanted" ad to pop up inside the newspaper. It's not going to happen.
Professional Computer Games Testing - Salary And Responsibility
Professional video game testing is seemingly considerably better than most other jobs out there. Never the less, being a paid video game tester, like every other job, has it's downsides. Of course, these downsides are few and far between, but they do exist and each & every tester preferably should put up with them.
Pro Game Testing - How Any Person Can Get Started Tomorrow
Professional beta game testing can certainly be lots of fun, although, its also wise to know that it's not enjoyable for everybody. A paid game tester has got to do work and finish the tasks assigned to him.
How Much Does A Video Game Designer Make?
The present computer game industry is the chief revenue producer that last year generated approximately $12.5 billion dollars just in America. The gaming industry is expanding all of the time and this means that it needs fresh staff on a regular basis.
5 Reasons Most Players Cant Be Video Game Testers
Paid beta game testing isn't all that difficult. In truth, you might even go so far as to say that it's an easy job which doesn't call for excessive hard work.